Paying Electricity via Mpesa is easy once you know your KPLC Bill. If you don’t know how to check your KPLC bill online read his article that I wrote sometimes back on How to check KPLC online Bill . In this article I have explained how to pay your electricity bill via mpesa and other methods.
Paying Electricity via Mpesa – KPLC Bill
It’s important to note that paying Electricity via Mpesa requires that you have an Mpesa account to pay your KPLC bill.
Mpesa is a mobile money transfer and payment system that is operated by Safaricom Kenya Limited. This means that Paying Electricity via Mpesa can only be done by Safaricom mobile phone subscribers only. If you use Airtel line you can use Airtel Money. Click here to read more about the 8 Ways to Pay Your KPLC Bill .
Lastly you need have some money in your Mpesa account to enable you complete the transaction of paying electricity via Mpesa.
Below are the simple steps you need to follow for paying electricity via Mpesa.
How to pay your electricity bill via Mpesa
- Go to Safaricom Icon on your phone and Select M-pesa
- Then Select Lipa Na Mpesa
- Select “Pay Bill”
- Enter the Kenya Power business number: the KPLC pay bill number 888888.
- Enter your full Kenya Power account number e.g. 123456-01. For prepaid customers, enter your meter number in this field.
- Enter the amount you wish to pay which should be between Kshs. 100 and KShs.35,000.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN.
- Confirm that all details are correct.
- You will receive a confirmation of the transaction via SMS.
- For prepaid customers; after you receive a transaction confirmation SMS from M-PESA, you will receive an SMS from KPLC indicating the amount paid, date, total tokens received and a unique code of numbers.
How to pay your electricity bill via Mpesa in pictures
paying electricity via mpesa – kplc bill
- Kenya Power e bill – How to check KPLC online Bill
- Kenya Power Bill – 8 Ways to Pay Your KPLC Bill
- KPLC prepaid meter user guide for all
- How to buy KPLC Tokens for Prepaid Meters
- KPLC Paybill Number 888880 for Mpesa
- KPLC Emergency Numbers