Here is mandazi recipe that shows How to Make Mandazi at home. Before we look at how to prepare mandazi lets learn a little bit about mandazi.
Mandazi is a popular snack in Kenya that many families use either for breakfast in the morning with tea or as a dessert with coffee. You can buy mandazi along the streets where they are normally cooked and sold or in a restaurant. However, you can also make your mandazi at home if you know how to make them.
One of the challenges many face is how to make mandazis soft. Apart from people asking how to cook mandazi, they often ask for the Soft mandazi recipe.
In this article we shall look at the Soft mandazi recipe that will help us answer the question on how to make Mandazi.
Soft mandazi recipe Ingredients:
- 4 cups of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons margarine/butter
- 5 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup of water/milk
Procedure of how to cook mandazi:
- Put the black pepper in a small mortar and pound till roughly grounded.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and black pepper in a bowl.
- Use a spoon to add the margarine/butter to the flour mixture and mix well using your fingers. Take some amount of the margarine and run it through the flour mixing the two with your fingers. Do this until all the flour has been mixed with the margarine.
- Pour in the milk/water into the flour bowl and mix. Knead the dough to a smooth consistency.
- Let it stand for about thirty minutes then divide the dough into four smaller portions.
- Add oil to a deep frying pan and bring the oil to high heat.
- In the meantime apply some flour on a rolling board or flat surface, then using a rolling pin roll out the first dough to a circular shape.
- Cut the dough into four equal pieces as shown below.
- Once the oil is quite hot, carefully drop each piece into the pan. Notice as it immediately starts browning on the first side and after two minutes turn it over to cook the other side. Depending on the size of your deep frying pan, you can cook four or more mandazis at the same time.
- Once both sides are browned, remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- Serve and enjoy.
Above is your soft mandazi recipe that will enable you cook delicious mandazi.
To learn more about swahili dishes recipes, swahili food, swahili delicacies, swahili dishes, recipe for kaimati, how to cook kaimati, how to make mandazis soft, How to Make Mandazi, Soft mandazi recipe.