HELB Loan repayment can be done using almost all available payment methods in Kenya. In case you would like to know use Mpesa, I would recommend that you read this article on How to Pay your Loan Using HELB Mpesa Paybill Number. Before we look at HELB Loan repayment methods let’s look at how to check HELB Loan status
HELB Loan Status
To check your HELB Loan status, you need to login to HELP Portal. This is where you will get the information that you need to know about HELB Loan status. If you don’t know how to use the web portal you can read the HELB Online Portal Guide. I believe that this will be helpful during your search on getting your HELB Loan repayment status. Let’s now look at HELB repayment methods.
Cheques/Cash Deposit, EFT or Standing Order
You can make your HELB payments using Cheques, Cash Deposit, EFT or Standing Order. HELB Loan repayment by cheque should be payable to the Higher Education Loans Board. All cheques should be crossed. All HELB payments should be made by cheque, Bankers draft, direct transfer/standing order/EFT or CASH DEPOSIT to HELB collection A/C. All the payments should be made in the following HELB Banks accounts:
|Bank||Account Number||Branch||Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)|
|Kenya Commercial Bank||1103 266 314||University-way||SWIFT CODE : KCBLKENX|
|Family Bank||035 000 024 971||Family Bank Towers||SWIFT CODE : FABLKENAXXX|
|Co-operative Bank||011290 612 228 00||University-way||SWIFT CODE : KCOOKENA|
|Barclays bank||501 8216||Barclays Plaza||SWIFT CODE : BARCKENX|
|Standard chartered Bank||010 801 826 4700||Koinange street||SWIFT CODE : SCBLKENX|
|Equity bank||055 029 357 3408||Equity Center||SWIFT CODE : EQBLKENA|
|National Bank of Kenya||010 016 039 1100||Harambee Avenue||SWIFT CODE :NBKEKENX|
|Citibank||300 040 012||Nairobi||SWIFT CODE : CITIKENA|
|Chase Bank||0332 084 215 001||Delta House||SWIFT CODE : CKENKENAXXX|
|NIC Bank||1002 247 638||NIC House||SWIFT CODE : NINCKENAXXX|
|Jamii Bora Bank||0011 748 527 001||Koinange street||SWIFT CODE : CIFIKENAXXX|
HELB Repayment by Mobile Phone Money Transfer
You can make your HELB repayment using Safaricom Mpesa service and Airtel Money. HELB Mpesa repayment can be done using HELB business number as 200800. This is sometimes referred to as the HELB mpesa paybill number 200800. While using HELB paybill number You will be required to use your National ID Number as your account number. Read here on How to Pay your Loan Using HELB Mpesa Paybill Number to follow the detailed guide on HELB repayment using HELB paybill number.
HELB Online Payment Via HELB Payment Portal
You can now pay your HELB Loan online. Follow the following process to make your HELB payment online:
- Register an account with HELB online portal; if you already have an account please Login
- Once logged in, click on Online Services > Online Payment menu.
- Enter your National ID number as your account number
- Then Enter the amount you are paying and click Pay Now.
- A payment acknowledgement will be issued once the payment is successful.
- HELB will issue an official receipt for the payment.
HELB Loan Repayment via Pesapoint & Equity Bank ATMs
You can pay your HELB loan using ATM machines. If you are making HELB payment through the ATM you should use your NATIONAL ID number as your account reference number. Follow the steps below
HELB Repayment using Equity bank ATM
- Insert ATM card
- Key in your secret PIN number
- Go to ‘Pay bills’
- Select ‘HELB’
- Enter National ID number when prompted
- Now Enter the amount
- You will get a slip indicating the ID and amount entered.
HELB Repayment using PesaPoint ATM
- Insert ATM card in the card slot o Remove ATM card from the slot o Select language
- Key in your secret PIN number
- Select “Pay Bill” button to proceed to the next screen
- Enter the code shown for HELB option as 5006
- Key in your HELB account number as your National ID number and confirm
- Enter your mobile no. (this will allow HELB to contact you if required)
- Key in the product you wish to pay for (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Enter the amount you wish to pay for your loan
- The ATM will give you a receipt acknowledging payment for your HELB loan once the transaction is successfully completed.
Note: Please allow up to three (3) days to update your loan account.
Credit or ATM (Debit) Card (VISA or MasterCard Branded)
You can also give authority to HELB to make monthly debits or lump-sum payments directly from your bank account or Credit card.
This is done by signing the CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION FORM (CCA) and then forwarding the same to HELB.
VISA or MasterCard branded credit or debit (ATM) cards can also be swiped at HELB offices.
- National ID number MUST be included as reference in all payments and enquiries;
- All Payments MUST be made by the 15th day of the following month for employers and within the month for individuals (self-paying);
- Payments (cheques) delivered directly at HELB payment office MUST be attached with remittance form;
For payments made directly to HELB bank accounts, the remittance form MUST be e-mailed to HELB (e-mail: email@example.com )
- The remittance form is available from the HELB website Download Remittance Form
- No payment shall be accepted without the remittance form
You can get in touch by using the following HELB contacts. Remember to use the appropriate HELB contacts for the different queries you might have for the Higher Education Loans Board. You can use HELB telephone contacts or Email to contact the organization.
Anniversary Tower 19th floor, University Way
P.O. Box 69489-00400
Tel: +254 711 052000
The HELB Website: http://www.helb.co.ke/
HELB Telephone contacts: 0711 052000
Email Addresses for HELB
General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and loan process inquiries: email@example.com
Loan recovery and repayment inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report corruption activities: email@example.com
Contact the CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org