Faulu Kenya is registered under the Micro-Finance Act and is regulated by the CBK. The Faulu Microfinance Bank is a limited liability company which is registered under the Companies Act of Kenya. This is a subsidiary company of old mutual Kenya. The bank changed its name to Faulu Kenya Deposit Taking Microfinance (DTM) Limited in 2008. Faulu DTM was the first to be registered in Kenya.
Faulu Bank History
The Faulu Microfinance Bank was founded by Food for the Hungry International (FHI). This is a Christian relief organization, Loan scheme program that targeted the economically active poor in Mathare slums.
Today Faulu Bank is one of the most successful microfinance banks in Kenya. Faulu Microfinance Bank has 80 outlets and over 800 employees.
Faulu Kenya products
The Faulu Kenya products are tailor made to all clients. Faulu Bank offers savings, credit, micro insurance and mobile banking solutions to its customers. The Faulu Microfinance Bank delivers good value products that make its customers happy. Faulu Bank offers the following savings products.
- Hazina Account
- Faulu Chama Account
- Salary Account
- Hazina Plus Account
- Faulu Boda Boda Account
- Lengo Account
- Faulu Faida Account
- Hazina Junior Account
- Faulu Personal Account
- School collection Account
- Faulu Business Account
- Biashara Premier Account
- Faulu Investment Account
- Distributor’s Current Account
Faulu Chama Account
The Faulu Chama Account Savings account for formal and informal groups. Faulu Chama Account is for the groups that would like to invest or are looking for investment opportunities.
The minimum number of people needed to open a Faulu Chama Account are 5 people. The following is how Faulu Chama Account operates. First the Faulu Chama Account targets Table banking groups, Investment groups and Family chamas.
If you open a Faulu Chama Account you will enjoy competitive interests rates on your chama money of up to 5% p.a. The account has no maintenance and ledger fees. The Chama will get a loan of up to 10 times cumulative Chama savings up to 300 million. Other benefits also come with this account.
Faulu fixed deposit account
The Faulu fixed deposit account is known as Faulu Faida Fixed Deposit Account. Faulu fixed deposit is an investment avenue that earns you very attractive and competitive interest returns.
Faulu fixed deposit targets customers with funds to invest their money for periods between 1- 36 Months. The bank offers high yield returns of up to 12% P.a which is payable on maturity of the contract. Your Faulu fixed deposit account can act as security for a loan or overdraft. Minimum Deposits for Faulu fixed deposit range from Ksh 5,000 to millions.
Faulu fixed deposit account Requirements
Individuals: Original and Copy of National ID or Valid Passport and 2 passport photos.
Organizations: Original and Copy of National ID or Valid Passport, 2 passport photos, registration certificate/ memorandum & articles of association and constitution
Faulu Bank Loans
There are many Faulu Bank Loans options available which are tailored for different purposes. If you would like to learn more about Faulu Bank Loans you can visit any of the Faulu Bank Branches in Kenya for more information or Visit the Bank Website http://www.faulukenya.com. To know your returns send an SMS with the word FAIDA to 0708 000 111.
How to Deposit into Faulu Account using M-pesa
It’s now easier than before to deposit money into your Faulu Bank account via Mpesa. The process of using Mpesa to deposit money to Faulu bank accounts is almost similar to Depositing Money Through Equity Bank Paybill Number. Here is the guide on how to use your phone to deposit money to your Faulu Bank Accounts.
- Now on your safaricom line, go to M-PESA Menu
- Then Select the Pay Bill option
- Key in the Faulu Kenya Business Number 328585
- Then enter your Faulu account number
- Now enter the amount you wish to deposit (Kshs 100 to Kshs 35,000)
- Then key in your MPESA PIN number
- You will receive a verification SMS. press OK if the details are correct.
- Then M-PESA confirmation SMS will be sent to your phone.
The above process will enable you deposit money to Faulu Bank accounts. We have also explained how to How to Deposit Money via Family Bank Paybill Number. Here you will find useful tips on using Mpesa to Bank transactions. You can also check out these important tips that will help you deposit through other banks in Kenya by using Mpesa Bank Paybill Numbers for the Banks in Kenya.
Faulu Kenya Jobs
Faulu Kenya Jobs can be found on Faulu Kenya online recruitment Portal. On the Faulu Kenya Jobs portal, there are always careers and Vacancies in Kenya posted online. Because the bank is geared towards offering financial solutions focusing on Retail, and MSME segments market segments. There are always online jobs in Kenya for accountants, clerks, tellers, marketers etc. Faulu Kenya Jobs are anchored in the banks commitment to attracting, developing and retaining talented employees.
Click Here for Faulu Kenya vacancies and Jobs online.
Faulu Bank Branches in Kenya
There are over 80 Faulu bank branches countrywide. Here is a complete list of Faulu bank branches and their locations in Kenya.
Nairobi region Faulu bank branches
- Kariobangi: At Outer-ring Road Roundabout, turn 50 meters to the RIGHT
- Kawangware Office: At the former CDF Office, just next to Senior Driving School on Naivasha Road.
- Ngong Road Faulu Kenya Branch: At Kenital Plaza along Ngong Road.
- Kayole Branch: along Kangundo Road, close to Kayole Spine Road.
- OTC Faulu Kenya Branch on Racecourse Road
- Thika Road Branch: Faulu Kenya has a Githurai Office close to Githurai 45 Roundabout on Mwihoko Street
- Kibera Office: At AIC Church in Kibera, Nairobi.
- Kimathi Street: There is a Faulu Kenya branch in Old Mutual Building along Kimathi Street.
Eastern Region Faulu bank branches
- Kitengela: There is a Faulu Kenya Office in Mugumo House
- Kitui: On the 2nd floor of the Central Trade Center House
- Emali office inside Mbilo Building
- Wote Office: Double Key Building, 2nd floor.
- Mwingi Faulu Kenya Branch: At Osavinya Building, 2nd floor.
- Makutano Branch in Tuntu Building on the Meru-Maua highway
- Faulu Kenya Nkubu office is located on the ground floor of MCK Synod Building
- Meru Branch on 3rd floor of Mwalimu Plaza
- Maua Branch of Faulu Bank is at the MCK Synod Building.
- Isiolo: There is a Faulu Kenya branch on 1st floor of Sahara Arcade
- Embu: On 1st floor of Sparko Building
- Mwea Branch: on the ground floor, next to Budget Supermarket
- There are more Faulu Kenya branches at Tala Plaza and Faulu Kenya Machakos Branch on Roof Garden Hotel.
- Faulu Kenya Kiserian office is located along Kiserian Ngong Road at Betsa Court
- Matuu Branch has its offices on the 1st floor of Bidii House. These are all the Faulu Kenya Branches that serve Eastern Region.
Faulu Kenya Branches Mount Kenya Region
- Kiambu Faulu Kenya branches: On 1st floor of Rumathi House in Kiambu, Limuru Branch is located on 1st floor of Kimuchu House, opposite Shell Petrol Station
- Muranga: 1st floor of Ngeka House
- Nanyuki: Sogra House
- Timau: Ground floor of Green Label building
- Thika: 1st floor of Haria House on Kwame Nkurumah Street.
- Githunguri: At Githunguri market opposite Bus Station.
- Kerugoya: 1st floor, Wanjau House
- Nyeri: 1st floor, Konahauthi House.
- Karatina: Next to Caltex Petrol Station
- Rongai Branch: At Safeways Mall and Tuskys Supermarket.
- Narumoru: 1st floor of New kaithuki Building, near Total petrol Station.
Western Region Faulu Bank Branches
- Bungoma Branch: Ground floor of Shariff Center
- Webuye branch: 1st floor of Hillside Building.
- Mumias: Ground floor of Kholera House
- Kakamega: 2nd floor of Walia Center
- Busia: At Jinja Enterprises Ltd. next to Green Lodge.
- Kimilili Branch is located opposite Riziki Supermarket. Another office is at Kapenguria along Kitale-Kapenguria Road, Room 114 of Mtol Bookshop, Makutano Town on your way to Busia.
- Kapenguria office: 1st floor of Lokita Plaza.
Faulu Bank Branches Rift Valley Region
- Bomet: Ground floor next to Tilil Plaza behind Main Stage.
- Litein: Ground floor of Sotik House next to Post Office on Litein AIC Hospital Road.
- Kericho: 2nd floor of Isan Arcade on temple Road.
- Kapsabet: 1st floor of Kencom House
- Kitale branch at Victor House.
- Kabarnet: Room 2 of Mwalimu Plaza Basement.
- Rware Shop along Eldoret Road at Moi’s Bridge
- Maralal: At Club 2 House
- Olenguruone: at Bidii Building.
- Eldoret: Along Uganda Road next to Imperial Bank.
- Rumuruti: Next to Total petrol Station.
- Nyahururu: 2nd floor of Kimwa Center.
Central Rift Region Faulu Bank Branches
- Nakuru: 2nd floor of Ereto Plaza along Mburu Gichua Road.
- Eldama Ravine: At Aldakabo House on Market Road
- Naivasha: 1st floor of Kangri House
- Njambini: Joy House
- Narok: 1st floor of Suleiman Building
- Molo: Opposite G4S along Molo-Mau Summit Road
- Kinamba: Opposite Catholic hall
- Njoro: Ground floor of Nakuru-Njoro Bookshop
Faulu Bank Branches Coast Region
- Mombasa Central: At Mombasa Pentecostal Church Building along Kenyatta Avenue
- Malindi: Along Lamu Road, next to the CDF office.
- Kengeleni: At Kengeleni Center next to Kongowea Market along Nyali Road.
- Voi: on Potters House Complex
- Changamwe: At Giddi Matt Building opposite National Oil and along Airport Road.
- Kongowea: Next to Jocham Hospital
- Ukunda: Ground floor of Africa Port
- Mpeketoni: 1st floor at Lamu Junction/ Lamu Roundabout along Malindi Gaserem Highway
Nyanza Region Faulu Bank Branches
- Kisumu: 2nd floor of Jubilee Insurance House.
- Ugunja: About 50 meters from Easy Coach offices along Kisumu Busia Road.
- Bondo: In Bondo Town opposite the CocaCola Depot along Kisumu-Bondo Highway.
Faulu Kenya Contacts
If you would like to get in touch with Faulu Microfinance Bank you can use the following contacts.
P.O. BOX : 60240-00200 NAIROBI
TEL: 020 3877290-3/ 73872183/ 43867503
Fax : 3874857
Call Centre: 0711 074 074 or 0711 074 000
Faulu Microfinance Bank Customer Service
You can contact Faulu bank customer care service using the contacts below.
Phone: 0711 074 074 or 0711 074 000